What kind of information we collect
In general, the kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you includes (but is not limited to) your name, contact details (including phone numbers and addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card information.
How we collect and hold your personal information
We may collect and hold your personal information when you request or acquire a product from us, register with us as a registered user, participate in our promotions or when you communicate with us by email, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service to make a complaint or provide feedback). We hold personal information in electronic form.
If, at any time, you provide personal or other information about someone other than yourself, you warrant that you have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
Why we collect it
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to provide you with products and services you have requested. We also collect information about you for the purposes outlined below.
We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. For example, if you do not register as a registered user, you will not be able to purchase products from us.
How we use it
In addition to the primary purpose outlined above, we may use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using your personal information for secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose (including but not limited to):
• to provide you with news and information about our products;
• for purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of goods and services to you;
• to personalise and customise your experiences;
• to manage and enhance our products and services;
• to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
• to verify your identity;
• if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions (including but not limited to our Website Terms and Conditions of Use available here or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
• as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
How we disclose it
We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
• engaged by us to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf, such as processing credit card information, developing and maintenance of our website, delivery of products, debt collection;
• marketing, research and advertising;
• authorised by you to receive information held by us;
• if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the Police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator;
• as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and/or
• as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Management and security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
However, you acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by such third party/ies may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
How to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy rights
If you are of the view that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act, or any related privacy code in dealing with your personal information, you may make a complaint by writing to us using the contact details set out below and we will endeavour to provide you with confirmation as to how we propose to deal with the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
Direct marketing communications
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services that we have available. If you would not like to receive direct marketing materials from us, you may notify us using the contact details set out below.
Anonymity and pseudonyms
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us. However, this option is not available if we are required or authorised by or under an Australian law, or a court/tribunal order, to deal with individuals who have identified themselves; or it is impractical for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself or you have used a pseudonym.
Accessing and updating your information
Subject to some exceptions in the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to, update and seek correction to the personal information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made. In order to respond to your request, we may ask you to verify your identity.
Registered users of our websites will generally be able to access and update their login details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, you can contact us via the contact details set out below.